The 10th edition of the awards ceremony took place this week iHeartRadio Music Awards, which highlight the most listened to artists and music on that streaming radio channel. The big winner of the night was Taylor Swiftwhich won five awards and Innovator of the Year.
Song of the Year, Best Pop Album, Best Lyrics, Tiktok Bop of the Year and Best Use of Sample. Those were the awards that the artist won before receiving the most important recognition: the Innovative award.
To be in attendance, Taylor Swift put her current tour on hold so she could travel to Los Angeles. Currently, she is the interpreter of hits such as Blank space is developing “The Eras Tour”, after going five years without taking the stage.
In her acceptance speech, Taylor Swift encouraged young people to let themselves fail and make the best decisions for themselves.
“What I did,” he said, “was try to make the right decision for me at every moment, whether it’s already been done successfully or not. I mean what’s up with these exciting nights and moments and especially this award I’m so lucky to have gotten is that they’re shedding light on the choices I’ve made that have worked. They’ve turned out to be good ideas,”
He went on to add: “I think maybe that could be the key, because often in any industry people are looking for precedent or data to show that this idea is good or feasible. People want an example of something that works upfront. But I think the best ideas, movements or choices are the new ones, the ones that create a new precedent.”
Later, the artist referred to his transition from country music to pop, and the decision to re-record his songs: “I really want everyone to know, especially young people, that the hundreds or thousands of silly ideas I’ve had they are the ones that led me to my good ideas. They have to give themselves permission to fail.“.
In closing, he addressed the young people directly: “I try not to fail because it’s embarrassing, but I give myself permission and you should too. don’t be hard on yourself and only make the right choices that feel right to you. And one day someone might think they were innovative. Many thanks for everything.”
- Song of the Year: Anti-Hero” – Taylor Swift
- Artist of the Year: Harry Styles
- Best duo/group of the year: Imagine Dragons
- Best Collaboration: “Unholy” – Sam Smith and Kim Petras
- Most Played Artist Doja Cat
- Best New Pop Artist: Jax
- Best Pop Album Taylor Swift
- Hip-Hop Artist of the Year: Drake
- Alternative Artist of the Year: Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Latin Pop/Reggaeton Song of the Year: “MAMIII” – Becky G & Karol G
- Latin Pop/Reggaeton Artist of the Year: Bad Bunny
- Best Lyrics: “Anti-Hero” – Taylor Swift
- TikTok Bop of the Year: “Bejeweled” – Taylor Swift
- Favorite use of a sample: “Question…?” by Taylor Swift – sampled Taylor Swift’s “Out Of The Woods”.
Charles Hurd is an entertainment journalist for News Rebeat. He brings a fresh and engaging voice to the world of pop culture, covering the latest developments in film, television, music, and more.