The talented soprano Nadine Sierra.
Saturday 23 July at 8.00 pm the Cycle of Great International Artists will make its debut at the Teatro Colón by Nadine Sierra, an American soprano who will offer an opera evening with the pianist Kamal Khan. A repertoire with Italian classics such as Donizetti, Rossini and Verdi, and which will include moments of zarzuela and pieces by Villa-Lobos and Bernstein, among others.
Tickets are already on sale and can be purchased online through www.teatrocolon.org.ar.
Teatro Colón will receive Sierra for the first time.
They can also be collected in person at the ticket office of the Teatro Colón (Tucumán 1171) from Monday to Saturday from 9:00 to 20:00 and on Sundays from 9:00 to 17:00, and at the Tu Entrada office which operates in Calle Viamonte 560 (Local 5) from Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 16:00
a great race
Nadine Sierra stands out as one of the best sopranos of today. She quickly went from promising voice to critically and publicly acclaimed diva, performing with many of the world’s leading companies and orchestras. She is also an active chamber music promoter and was the youngest singer to receive the Marilyn Horne Award.
Nadine Sierra is an active promoter of chamber music.
In recent years, Sierra has performed in recitals with the Palm Beach Opera, the Berlin Philharmonic, the Turku Music Festival, the Liège Opera, the Vienna Konzerthaus, the Dortmund Klangvokal Festival and the Gaveau Hall.
In his most recent appearances he has performed at the Gran Teatro del Liceo in Barcelona, Las Palmas Opera, the Berlin State Opera with Daniel Barenboim, the Metropolitan of New York, the National Opera of Bordeaux, La Fenice. of Venice, the Opera of San Francisco; and with the Dallas Symphony, the Philadelphia Orchestra with Yannick Nézet-Séguin and the National Academy of Santa Cecilia with Antonio Pappano.
In 2017 he received the Richard Tucker Award. The following year she was awarded the Beverly Sills Award, given to her by the Metropolitan of New York. Deutsche Grammophon (Universal Music) label released her debut album, There is a place for youyes His second album, Made for the Operawas launched by Deutsche Grammophon in March 2022.
the music program
- Gaetano Donizetti (1797-1848) “That I look at the knight” (Don Pasquale)
- Gioacchino Rossini (1792-1868) “Arpa gentil che fida” (The journey to Reims)
- Richard Strauss (1864-1949) “Allerseelen” “Ständchen” “Morgen” “Wiegenlied” “Cäcilie”
- Joaquín Turina (1882-1949) Tribute to Lope de Vega I. When I look at you so well II. Yes, with my wishes III. To the Fuente Ovejuna valley
- Giuseppe Verdi (1813-1901) “It’s strange …. always free” (La Traviata)
- Joaquín Rodrigo (1901-1999) Four amateur madrigals I. What will I wash it with? II. You killed me III. Where are you from, love? SAW. I come from the poplars, mom
- Gustave Charpentier (1860-1956) “After the day” (Louise)
- Leonard Bernstein (1918-1990) “A Julia de Burgos” “Somewhere” (West Side Story)
- Heitor Villa-Lobos (1887-1959) “Sentimental Melody”
- Ernani Braga (1888-1948) “Engenho Novo”
- Gerónimo Giménez (1854-1923) “They call me la primorosa” (The barber of Seville)