the Dutch Max Verstappenaboard his Red Bullset the fastest time this Saturday in the third free practice session of the Monaco Grand Prixsixth round of the Formula 1 championship.
With a time of 1 minute, 12 seconds and 776 thousandths, the reigning champion and leader of the current race overtook his teammate, the Mexican Sergio Perezfor only 73 thousandths.
Third place went to Canadian spear strollsfar behind his Aston Martin team-mate, two-times world champion Spain’s Fernando Alonso, who dropped to 14th.
The Ferraris the Spanish Carlos Sainz and the Monegasque Charles Leclerc, who showed excellent performances in the first two sessions on Friday, They finished fourth and seventh.though his times were far removed from Verstappen’s.
Mercedes, which tackles the Principality’s urban test with a heavily modified W14, took eighth place at the hands of Lewis Hamilton.
With less than five minutes remaining in testing, the Briton crashed into the barriers, causing the only red flag of the session to be shown and the session ended early. His teammate and compatriot George Russell was eleventh.
Qualifying for the Monaco Grand Prix will take place from 11am.
Third free practice session
- Max Verstappen (Netherlands/Red Bull) 1:12.776 (19 laps)
- Sergio Pérez (Mexico/Red Bull) 1:12.849 (24)
- Lance Stroll (Canada/Aston Martin-Mercedes) 1:12.942 (20)
- Carlos Sainz Jr (Spain/Ferrari) 1:13.261 (20)
- Lando Norris (Great Britain/McLaren-Mercedes) 1:13.396 (21)
- Pierre Gasly (France/Alpine-Renault) 1:13.453 (24)
- Charles Leclerc (Monaco/Ferrari) 1:13.475 (19)
- Lewis Hamilton (Great Britain/Mercedes) 1:13.486 (17)
- Esteban Ocon (France/Alpine-Renault) 1:13.496 (18)
- Valtteri Bottas (Finland/Alfa Romeo-Ferrari) 1:13.521 (20)
- George Russell (Great Britain/Mercedes) 1:13.590 (18)
- Kevin Magnussen (Denmark/Haas-Ferrari) 1:13.624 (13)
- Nico Hülkenberg (Germany/Haas-Ferrari) 1:13.650 (16)
- Fernando Alonso (Spain/Aston Martin-Mercedes) 1:13.697 (18)
- Yuki Tsunoda (Japan/AlphaTauri-Red Bull) 1:13.738 (21)
- Zhou Guanyu (China/Alfa Romeo-Ferrari) 1:13.772 (20)
- Logan Sargeant (USA/Williams-Mercedes) 1:13.851 (19)
- Alexander Albon (Thailand/Williams-Mercedes) 1:13.930 (23)
- Oscar Piastri (Australia/McLaren-Mercedes) 1:13.998 (18)
- Nyck de Vries (Netherlands/AlphaTauri-Red Bull) 1:14.187 (24)
Jason Root is the go-to source for sports coverage at News Rebeat. With a passion for athletics and an in-depth knowledge of the latest sports trends, Jason provides comprehensive and engaging analysis of the world of sports.