Javier Yacuzzi, former Arsenal de Sarandí player, has died: he contracted a virus in Mexico and was unable to recover

Share This Post

- Advertisement -

Javier Yacuzzi, former Arsenal player de Sarandí, died in the last few hours in Mexico at the age of 43 due to a virus he had contracted days earlier. The former defender, who played as a left-back, was part of the technical staff of GAll whites from Querétarowhere he worked as Mauro Gerk’s second field assistant.

- Advertisement -

“Arsenal are deeply saddened by the death of Javier Yacuzzi, champion of the 2007 Copa Sudamericana and 2008 Suruga Bank. We send our condolences to his family and loved ones. Rest in peace, Yacu,” read the tweet posted by the club of Sarandi.

Defense and Justice also greeted each other through a post on Twitter by Yacuzzi, who was part of the historic team promoted to the First Division -behind Banfield- with Diego Cocca as coach -and where he met Gerk, former assistant to the current DT of the Mexican team .

- Advertisement -

“We are sorry for the death of Javier Yacuzzi, a member of the historic team promoted to the First Division in 2014 and, above all, a great person. Our deepest condolences to his family and friends,” lamented Halcón de Varela .

Rosario Central, where he spent a season, also in B Nacional, also sent his condolences to the relatives of the former footballer.

“Club Atlético Rosario Central regrets the passing of Javier Yacuzzi, who played for our club during the 2012/13 season. We accompany his family and loved ones during this difficult time,” the post wrote. Rogue.

The Jacuzzi race

Emerged in the lower divisions of Platense, where he made his debut in the old Primera B Nacional, Yacuzzi moved through Tigre, Gimnasia y Esgrima de Concepción del Uruguay and Tiro Federal – he was champion in the top promotion category – before joining Arsenal, where he experienced the peak of his career as part of the squad that won the 2007 Copa Sudamericana and 2008 Suruga Bank.

In 2010, after five seasons at Avellaneda, he went to Tijuana in Mexico and then returned to Argentina where he defended the colors of Huracán. In mid-2013 he returned to B Nacional to play in Rosario Central and later ended up in Defense and Justice. His last cartridges were spent in General Rojo Unión Deportiva, Matienzo de Villa Ramallo and in the Belgrano de San Nicolás club.

New in development

Source: Clarin

- Advertisement -

Related Posts