Home Sports River turned down offers for De La Cruz and David Martínez, although the last word was not said

River turned down offers for De La Cruz and David Martínez, although the last word was not said

0
River turned down offers for De La Cruz and David Martínez, although the last word was not said

River turned down offers for De La Cruz and David Martínez, although the last word was not said

Nicholas of the Cross. (Maxi Falla)

Although the season ticket book in Argentina is closed on Mondays and River it can no longer incorporate, it must still be attentive to the market but in terms of possible exits. Is that in the last hours, Núñez’s club received offers for two players from their squad and both were deemed insufficient. One, by Nicolás De La Cruz, of Atlético Mineiro. And the other, by David Martínez, by Rayo Vallecano. No one has reached the desired figure, but in the coming days there may be new proposals and negotiations will continue.

On De La Cruz’s side, the Brazilian transfer market will close next week and the team Ignacio Fernández plays for wants him. River seeks at least $ 12 million for the Uruguayan, of which he has just 30%, while the remaining 70% belongs to Liverpool of Uruguay. And the Brazilian club’s offer was $ 7 million.

Meanwhile at River they are optimistic that De La Cruz will continue to play for a while longer with the red band on his chest. Therefore, during this week Matías Patanian and Enzo Francescoli would go to Uruguay to meet the flyer agents once again.

Hector David Martinez.  (AFP)

Hector David Martinez. (AFP)

In Montevideo, as already done in the months of May and July, the First Vice President and the Technical Secretariat will meet again Paco Casal. And they will do it with the firm intention of giving shape to the last chapter of this novel which, due to the particularities of the calendar and in turn because it is a player who had had the promise of a sale if he had satisfied all the parties. in its previous renewal it had been extended too much and there are less than five months to the expiration of the player’s bond, which expires in December of this year.

So if De La Cruz does not start there will be a renewal. And with an incentive: he will no longer hold a foreign stake. It is that they have already approved the procedures for Argentine nationalization and at the end of the month he will be sworn in. In any case, the future of De La Cruz will not be known until the last day of August, since beyond the offer of Atlético Mineiro, their representatives are still waiting for a proposal from a European club.

For his part, for Martínez, who is recovering from a tear in his left quadriceps, Rayo Vallecano made an offer of 2 million euros for 50 percent that River owns since the other half corresponds to Defense and Justice. But this offer was also rejected by Núñez’s club as if he accepted it he would lose money.

It happens that Martínez is on loan until December. And in installments it is buying 100 percent of the federal rights from the institute of Florencio Varela, which River is acquiring together with 20% more of the economic ones. That purchase option is for 1 million dollars and from Núñez they have already paid three installments of 150 thousand dollars each.

Once the million dollars is completed, River will be able to keep another 15% of the economic rights in 500 thousand dollars, which expires on December 31, 2023. Once the 2 options have been exercised, it will be able to purchase the remaining 15% in another 500 thousand dollars, by 31 December. December 2024.

Nico De La Cruz disputes the ball with Batallini.  (Marcello Carroll)

Nico De La Cruz disputes the ball with Batallini. (Marcello Carroll)

It should be remembered that River had sold him 50 percent of the Defense and Justice pass for $ 900,000 and that in early 2021, after agreeing on the loan to get him back on his campus, some additional ones were agreed: Núñez’s institute has already paid half a million dollars to Florencio Varela’s club when the defender reached 5 official matches this year. And he must do the same, both in 2023 and in 2024.

Right now, while both De La Cruz and Martinez have lost their place among the owners, they both have a stake on the team. And in principle both of them would like to continue to River. The Uruguayan because he tries to have continuity in the face of participation with his team (Uruguay) at the World Cup in Qatar and the defender because he intends to return to his level and have a better future projection. In fact, at the end of training, in his car, he commented: “I learned about the offer through social media”. And as a wish he added: “I want to continue to River”. We will see…

Source: Clarin

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here