Netflix created the parental control, a new function to allow minors to see only content suitable for their respective age, since many times they found productions not suitable for them.
How to activate Netflix parental controls
To activate the parental control on the platform it is necessary create a PIN in the account. And only those who own it will be able to control how movies and series are played, since selecting one will require a password to view it.
How to create a profile with an age rating
To manage content, the platform provides the ability to open individual profiles with ratings by age. And everyone will be able to enter their profile and have access indicated by age.
- Access the “Manage Platform Profiles” page.
- Select the “Add profile” option.
- Create a username
- To use the Netflix experience for children, press the “Kids” option.
- Select “Continue” to save your changes
How to create your age lock PIN
- Access Netflix from your browser
- Sign in to your account
- Click the “Parental Controls” link from “Settings”
- Enter the account owner’s password
- Enter the four-digit number to use as the PIN
- Select the level of protection based on the ages established for the contents: Smallest – All Small -7+ Teenagers -13+ Adults -16+, 18+
- And finally, save the changes
Mary Ortiz is a seasoned journalist with a passion for world events. As a writer for News Rebeat, she brings a fresh perspective to the latest global happenings and provides in-depth coverage that offers a deeper understanding of the world around us.