There is a lot of talk about the habit of drinking water with lemon every morning and there are several theories.
To dispel any doubts, Spanish nutritionist Laura Parada gave Vogue magazine her point of view on its fundamental effects.
The advance, according to the specialist, is That not only has purifying or detoxifying properties.
– Helps the body retain fluids to carry out its bodily functions.
– After intermittent fasting, it helps kick-start the digestive process.
– Soothes indigestion, heartburn and bloating.
– Furthermore, lemon is known to stimulate the production of bile and gastric juices. Thus, you can avoid gas formation.
– Strengthens the immune system, given the high content of vitamins C, B, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium and enzymes in lemon.
– It has antioxidants that “prevent damage caused by free radicals,” says Parada.
– Having a pleasant taste, it facilitates the intake of liquids.
– “Improves intestinal transit and hydrates the colon,” completes Parada.
– The caveat, however, is It doesn’t help you lose weight. “It’s not miraculous nor does it have a fat burning effect,” warns the specialist.
The temperature of the water
Another important point is that the water must be warm. The reason is that “Because it is the same temperature as the body, it is absorbed much faster”explains the expert.
Mary Ortiz is a seasoned journalist with a passion for world events. As a writer for News Rebeat, she brings a fresh perspective to the latest global happenings and provides in-depth coverage that offers a deeper understanding of the world around us.