Debanhi Escobar’s femicide provoked a strong mobilization in Mexico Photo EFE/Gabriela Pérez.
The investigation into the femicide of young Debanhi Escobar, whose body was found in the well of a motel in Nuevo León-Monterrey, has a new chance based on driver statements that left her alone on the road.
According to information from Milenio and copied by the Independent, journalist Azucena Uresti has exclusive access to photos showing how the driver who picked him up from the party tries to stretch his right arm to physically abuse Debanhiwhich is in the back seat of the car.
The man was identified as Juan David Cuellar. Data available so far shows that he picked up the woman at 4:20 am on April 9. But five minutes later, he let her out of the car in an unoccupied area on the Via Numancia and Via a Nuevo Laredo routes, in Mexican region of Monterrey.
Debanhi Escobar is 18 years old and studying criminology Photo REUTERS/Daniel Becerril.
There he took a photo that went viral for 13 days that took intense searching led by his parents. Then, at 4:30 p.m., Debahni sought help at the facilities of the Alcosa transportation company.
His request was unsuccessful and then, apparently, he went to the Nueva Castilla Motel for the same purpose. One of the most recent discoveries was the recording of him by security cameras at the entrance of that area. There he lost his way.
The driver looking for him at the party made statements on television. Screenshot.
What is the driver’s responsibility?
for the father of Debanhi, mario escobar, the taxi driver put the girl in a dangerous situation because of his attempt to abuse her. Also because of leaving him alone in a dangerous place.
“All this I accuse Juan David Cuéllar”his statement at his first press conference, when the lifeless corpse was found in an abandoned well.
In part, the article in Independent en Español points out that Cuellar, also known as Jesus, has a long history of crime. On Tuesday, April 12, he was arrested on drug-related charges. He was also investigated for harassment and attempted kidnapping of another woman.
Debanhi Escobar was found killed in a well.
Statement by Juan David Cuellar
The Publimetro site published that in an interview for a local media Cuellar denied the accusations of the girl’s father.
“I never thought I would be in this situation, I don’t owe anyone and I want everyone to know the truth and more than anything, because the man made a serious accusation.he accuses me of harassment and even when I don’t harass him, he – in reference to Mario Escobar – says a lot of things, but he’s not there, he doesn’t know the truth, ”she said.
“The guy on Friday commented on my name and brought me a lot of problems with my family, work and personally, since that incident happened I haven’t worked,” he continued.
He also revealed that the apps in which he signed up had blocked his accounts for security reasons.
Gender violence is a troubling issue Mexico. According to the Executive Secretariat of the National Public Security System, in 2021 the country recorded 1,004 femicides.