Decisive day for those enrolled in the 2023 Manuel Belgrano Scholarships. This Friday, the Ministry of Education will publish the results, and so candidates will be able to check -on the programme’s website- if they have been selected to receive the monthly allowance that they have will reach $57,000 in 12 months.
The Manuel Belgrano Scholarships were designed to help students from low-income families continue their studies. This allowance is available for students enrolled in bachelor’s or master’s degree courses full-time in public universities in Argentina.
To apply for the Manuel Belgrano Scholarships 2023, the applicants had the opportunity until March 31st to sign up. Upon registration, applicants were required to submit an application form, a copy of their academic transcript, and proof of family income.
The grant date closed on May 2.
The Manuel Belgrano Scholarships help students from low-income families continue their education. Monthly cash income helps students cover costs tuition, books and other related expenses.
Manuel Belgrano Scholarships: How to know if you have been awarded
- Access the official platform of the program with username and password
- Select “Status of my application” at the beginning
- There you will see whether the scholarship has been approved or rejected.
Manuel Belgrano scholarships 2023: who can apply
To access the Manuel Belgrano Scholarships, students must meet the following requirements:
- Be a citizen of Argentina
- Be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or graduate program at a public university in Argentina.
- Have a family income below a certain threshold
- Have a good academic record
- Incoming students between 18 and 30 years old and current students up to 35 years old.
- Applicants who have some type of disability, are mothers of minor children in single parent families and/or belong to indigenous peoples are exempt from the age requirement.
Manuel Belgrano Scholarships 2023: socioeconomic status
Applicant students must meet the condition of having income within the household less than 3 minimum, vital and mobile wages (SMVM). The conditions apply to the family group (father, mother or guardian). Young people with children and/or married or divorced are recognized as an autonomous family group.
Manuel Belgrano Scholarships 2023: Amount of Assistance
Scholarships have a duration of 12 months.renewable according to the conditions established by the general regulation.
The monthly amount of the scholarship is equal to the net salary of 2 (two) second-year assistantships, which can be modulated annually with a joint agreement. That amount today is $57,000.
Manuel Belgrano Scholarships 2023: Evaluation and Award
- Students advanced in their career must have passed 2 term subjects or 1 year subject during the year 2022.
- Advanced students are those who started their studies before the second quarter of 2022.
- The approved finals of the subjects regularized in years prior to the payment of the scholarship will be counted.
- Subjects taken and approved in free condition will be counted towards the certification.
- Subjects must have been approved/promoted from 1 January to 31 December 2022, without exceptions.
New applicants, these requirements will not be required for students who entered their career in the second quarter of 2022 or who will start their career in 2023.
They will be evaluated as participants in this call.
Those who will not be able to access the Manuel Belgrano Scholarships
Scholarships are incompatible with other benefits similar ones granted by the National State (such as the Progresar Scholarships and the YPF Scholarships).
The scholarships will be awarded according to the criteria established by the general regulation, taking into account gender equity, territorial balance and the inclusion of groups defined as priorities.
Charles Arterburn is a seasoned business journalist for News Rebeat, where he provides comprehensive coverage of the latest trends and developments in the world of finance and economics.