Once again, and for the second consecutive Sunday, Georgina Barbarossa will replace Jey Mammón the rock of morphs (at 11:30 on Telefe), as the scandal continues over allegations of sexual abuse against the former rider of the Sunday cycle.
Sunday 26, in the second program of the new season of The sadness… –and just a few days later the issue involving Jey Mammon a case of abuse against Lucas Benvenuto-, Telefe released a statement announcing the separation of the former host of the Sunday program.
The next day, Georgina Barbarossa, from her daily show, Barbarossahas confirmed that he will take over The sadness... the following Sunday. Everything indicated that it was for the only time.
However, neither the host nor the channel made it clear whether it was a one-time replacement or more installed over time.
Currently, the actress will once again join the team made up of Jésica Cirio, chefs Santiago Giorgini and Rodrigo Cascónin addition to the musicians and artists invited every Sunday, a classic of the cycle created by Gerardo Rozin.
Georgina: Joker figurine
Georgina has made other substitutions in channel cycles before, as in Cut by Lozanobut it was always due to the vacation of the presenter, Verónica Lozano. Now, the circumstances are very different.
Therefore, the airing of The sadness... last Sunday has aroused everyone’s attention and, in terms of ratings, has produced, as the program averaged 7.4 points. At the beginning, Cirio took the floor to talk about the driver’s separation.
“Everything that is happening is in the public domain, it really has nothing to do with the spirit or essence of The sadness and we accompany the channel’s decision until all this is resolved, these unfortunate and sad facts that have had an impact on all of us,” said Jésica.
The substitute presenter, who from her morning program had expressed her position stating her repudiation despite the affection she has for Jey(“Let justice be done, with the boys, no”he declared), at his first Sunday in charge of The sadness… commented: “You know that rock belongs to the people, we will give you all the best: joy, music and information”.
The release of Jey Mammon
On Wednesday afternoon, however, a week after Lucas Benvenuto’s complaint was made known, Jey Mammón freed himself from his Instagram account and his words continued to generate repercussions.
In a home video, Mammón assures that when he met Lucas, the young man was not 14, as he says, but 16. “I’m going through, perhaps, the worst moment of my life,” said the driver through tears. “I have not raped, I have not abused. I have not drugged anyone. Never, ever in my life. I have not and I would not.” AND He went so far as to demand that a truth trial be held.
His words have generated the support of some figures, such as the musician Chano Charpentierwho replied with a “We Believe You, Friend”; singer Sandra Mihanovich and the actress Greece Apiaries which, in a more or less direct way, sent their breath to him. Carmen Barbierifor his part, from his cycle very morningHe said he believed him. “I heard it and believed it all. That he was excited”She said.
However, there are many other public figures who continue to voice their rejection of Jey’s actionslike Diego Ramos or Lourdes Sanchez and many of those who considered themselves his friends, too, such as Nazarena Velez, Verónica Lozano and Analía Franchín.among many others, not counting the widespread public condemnation of the musician and conductor.
Moreover, Thelma Fardín said she is in contact with Lucas Benvenuto to give her support and contain it. “It’s perverted to say you can seek fame through that, when it just grills you. However, I think there’s been a lot of progress and in the programs it is explicitly stated that the victims must be believed”, he stressed.
Charles Hurd is an entertainment journalist for News Rebeat. He brings a fresh and engaging voice to the world of pop culture, covering the latest developments in film, television, music, and more.