To enter the United States, citizens of a large number of countries must have the Visa which fits the purpose of the trip.
On this, the Upgraded Points website explains that there are two types of visas.
– Not immigrants. It means that the person will have a permit that does not imply residency.
– Those of the immigrant. They imply a temporary residence.
Furthermore, these two visa types can be divided into four basic sub-types.
– Tourist. It’s about pleasure travel.
– Immigration and naturalization. Residence by marriage is included in this group.
– As a student.
– Business or work. In this category there are permits for immigrants and non-immigrants.
As a general guideline, the same note says that the tourist visa is usually the easiest to obtain. While to obtain an immigrant visa the requirements are very high and demanding. There are also people who are repeatedly rejected after years of staying in that country.
The visa lottery
An option for those who want access to immigration visa and the visa lottery.
This program aims to offer permanent resident visas to people from countries with low levels of migration.
This alternative includes study and work permits, as well as the freedom to enter and leave the United States.
Registration for the 2024 cycle opened last October.
Mary Ortiz is a seasoned journalist with a passion for world events. As a writer for News Rebeat, she brings a fresh perspective to the latest global happenings and provides in-depth coverage that offers a deeper understanding of the world around us.