He is 5 years old and swallowed a deadly object, but it stuck in his throat for five weeks

Share This Post

- Advertisement -

A 5 year old boy suffered an incredible domestic accident in the house: him swallowed a small object and kept it stuck in my throat though could cause death. His family and doctors were shocked by his health.

- Advertisement -

luke mcmillan from Arizona, United States of Americait was very inclined to suffer ear infectionswhich by the regularity has already alarmed his whole family, seeing him touch his ears over and over again.

That’s when his mother Erica took him to the doctor to get checked out and he was diagnosed with an ear infection. They prescribed antibiotics. But things were not as they seemed.

- Advertisement -
Little Luke McMillan, 5 years old, lives in Arizona, USA.

Little Luke McMillan, 5 years old, lives in Arizona, USA.

Chest x-ray and surprise

At first the baby seemed to get better, but it did Difficulty swallowing solid food and returning it, the case was released a few weeks agoThe mirror.

Luke’s parents decided to switch his diet from solids to liquids to make sure he could feed himself.

“We just thought it was a secondary effectbecause he’s done it before,” his mother reflected. However, after the boy finished his course of antibiotics, he still couldn’t swallow solid foods.

The doctor was surprised to discover the object on the chest x-ray.

The doctor was surprised to discover the object on the chest x-ray.

Erica took the boy back to the doctor, who assumed it was a reflux problem. But maternal instincts told her that there was something beyond her, so to remove the doubt she went in search of another pediatrician.

This new doctor asked for a chest x-ray from Luke, something that a priori sounds like a daily step to rule out conditions.

“I’ve seen him take on a weird look,” revealed Erica, who was asked by doctors if Luke had swallowed a coin or was wearing a button necklace, to which she answered no.

Surgery and appearance of a lithium battery

Luke was rushed to a hospital, where he suffered a emergency surgery to remove the object.

The button cell battery was wrapped in electrical tape.  They believe it saved their lives because it prevented corrosion and saved their lives.

The button cell battery was wrapped in electrical tape. They believe it saved their lives because it prevented corrosion and saved their lives.

“The doctors told me it wasn’t possible it was a battery because they start to corrode in just a couple of hours‘” the woman continued her story, still in shock.

This was the button cell battery found in the little boy's esophagus.

This was the button cell battery found in the little boy’s esophagus.

After an hour in the operating room, one of the doctors confirmed what he assumed: they had found a lithium battery stuck in the esophagus from Luke.

How the 5-year-old saved his life

That was the surprise the battery was wrapped in electrical tapeand according to what the doctors speculate, it could be the reason that saved the child’s life.

The battery had been driven down Luke’s throat for five weeks and there was damaged esophageal tissuethat surgeons will try to fix.

The impressive frontal chest x-ray.

The impressive frontal chest x-ray.

The goal was to widen the boy’s throat, although they say it was a process that required time and a lot of annoying surgery.

Beyond the “lucky accident,” Erica said Luke recovered and was able to eat a banana after a few months.

Source: Clarin

- Advertisement -

Related Posts