Much appreciated for its aroma, basil is the ingredient of many renowned and traditional recipes. But, moreover, it can be used for its health benefits. especially for improve vision problems and prevent memory loss.
According to a note from the specialized portal Medline Plus, the special component that helps improve eye health is thiamine or vitamin B1 which has the following effects.
– Helps remove the chances of having cataracts.
– Helps improve visual acuity.
– Relieves eye pain.
– Avoid blurred vision.
– Influences the improvement of night vision.
– Has a positive effect on conjunctivitis images.
On the other hand, following a note from the Semana site, a team of scientists from the University of South Florida has ensured that “this herb may help slow cognitive decline and protect the brain from Alzheimer’s disease.”.
The explanation for this conclusion would be in a compound present in its leaves called fenchol.
According to the investigators, this substance would have a fundamental action to achieve a significant reduction in the risk of amyloid plaque formation in the brain and neuronal death.
Other benefits of basil
– Improves digestive problems, such as lack of appetite, ulcerative colitis or chronic diarrhea.
– Strengthens the immune system.
– Stimulates the production of breast milk.
– Helps solve oral, hair or acne problems.
– It can fight fatigue, depression or stress.
How to prepare basil tea
Put 10 fresh or dried basil leaves in a cup of boiling water. Cover the cup and let it sit for five to ten minutes. Filter and drink.
Ideally, consume this tea three times a day.
Mary Ortiz is a seasoned journalist with a passion for world events. As a writer for News Rebeat, she brings a fresh perspective to the latest global happenings and provides in-depth coverage that offers a deeper understanding of the world around us.