Which fruit contains the most vitamin D?

Share This Post

- Advertisement -

THE vitamin Dalso known as the “sun vitamin”, it is of the fat-soluble type (those that accumulate in adipose tissue), and is mainly found in foods of animal origin, although there are also some fruits that provide it directly or indirectly, including the banana , orange juice and avocado.

- Advertisement -

A glass of orange juice provides approximately 130 IU’s vitamin Dwhich are equivalent to 32 micrograms, as well as supplying mainly vitamin C, calcium, potassium and magnesium.

For its part, the banana does not contain vitamin D, but plays a very important role in its activation when exposed to ultraviolet rays thanks to its high magnesium content. It also provides potassium, vitamin B6 and C.

- Advertisement -
The avocado, the only fruit that directly provides vitamin D.

The avocado, the only fruit that directly provides vitamin D.

The only fruit that contains vitamin D is the avocado., also known as avocado. It has high percentages of vitamins C, E, K and B9, as well as minerals such as potassium, magnesium and phosphorus, in addition to the fact that it also works as an antioxidant and reduces cholesterol thanks to its monounsaturated fats.

Characteristics of vitamin D

THE vitamin D It is one of the nutrients that absorbs calcium and strengthens bones, as well as allowing the immune system to function optimally. Although the highest percentage of this vitamin is obtained through the sun, it is recommended to complete the daily dose with fat-soluble foods, so it is ideal to consume it after breakfast.

Likewise, it is one of the most vital for maintaining strong bones and teeth, as well as being part of bone tissue development. Although the 80% needed by the human body is obtained through the sun, the remaining 20% ​​must be acquired through foods richer in this vitamin.

Calcium is the main component that the body needs for strong bones and its absorption through the vitamin D allows you to take advantage of its antioxidant properties and help the proper functioning of the muscular system and brain activity. Therefore, the consumption of foods such as cheese, almonds, yogurt and eggs is essential to have 100% of the vitamin that the body needs.

Excessive consumption of vitamin D could lead to side effects.

Excessive consumption of vitamin D could lead to side effects.

Also, both the vitamin D Like C, they improve the functioning of the immune system, improve the absorption of iron, prevent anemia, collaborate in the maintenance of the nervous system and in the formation of red blood cells. Furthermore, it also collaborates in the synthesis of proteoglycans.

Consequences of vitamin D deficiency

Even if you get a few minutes of sun every day you get about 80%. vitamin D necessary, it is important to clarify that the consumption of certain drugs such as corticosteroids reduces their absorption.

In the absence of this vitamin, the person may experience cognitive impairment, bone disorders such as osteomalacia and osteoporosis, cancer and rickets, the latter being the least frequent, although it can occur in children with vitamin deficiency.

The main thing to know if it is missing vitamin D or any other deficiency of the body is to undergo annual checks with the family doctor or clinical doctor who analyzes many variables of the human body that vary over the years.

Morning is the best time to consume vitamin D.

Morning is the best time to consume vitamin D.

He rickets It is a disease in which the bones become soft and weak, causing severe discomfort to the patient. It usually occurs mainly in children, while adults with lack of vitamin D They can get osteomalacia, a disorder that causes bone pain and weakness.

In the same sense, the excess consumption of vitamin D It could also cause a number of side effects such as muscle weakness, loss of appetite and nausea, weight loss, heart rate changes, kidney failure and constipation, among others, so it is essential to control your daily consumption.

This vitamin excess occurs mainly in people who consume it through vitamin supplements, which have a high and concentrated percentage of this vitamin, while that which is acquired through the sun is limited, since the skin only absorbs what is necessary for the human body.

Source: Clarin

- Advertisement -

Related Posts

Independiente-Argentinos Juniors, for the League Cup: what time it is, how to see it and possible lineups

Independentbeaten after losing the Avellaneda classic last weekend, he...

Talleres-River, for the League Cup: what time it is, how to see it and possible lineups

River Platewith the return of his scorer Miguel Ángel...

There are economic indicators that are improving. Are they sustainable over time?

Despite the fall of the omnibus law, the growing...

Dollarization: Mattress was a bad deal in February

The almost 14% collapse of the financial dollar last...